Sunday, February 1, 2009

Love Bite




Today was a warm, humid day in ol' Brisbane town. I started the day with a very short sleep-in while my husband, Darren took care of Lola and then it was off to the markets to go treasure hunting! When we (Lola and I) got there it poured down with rain and of course my umbrella was hanging on the coat rack at home! We were really late (we were there to buy plants for the garden!) so I didn't expect there to be any real treasures at all but, of course, we still managed to unearth a few things. I am getting a new camera charger to replace the one I lost (baby brain, it's my excuse and I'm milking it!) on Tuesday so I will take a photo to share then. We found a lovely poetry book, a pretty, vintage handbag and a small, deco, bevilled edge mirror.

With Valentines Day just around the corner, I thought I would get in the spirit today and bake some heart-shaped cookies for my husband. We are at the end of a very long (2 years) owner-builder project and he was painting and planting today. So I surprised him with a ice cream and cookie sandwich. He was grateful for the break, don't know that he even realised they were heart shaped til I pointed it out! Oh well, I had fun.

(Images courtesy of Getty Images)

No comments: