Thursday, January 29, 2009

If You Can Dream it...


Well it has been a while! Life got really chaotic but hopefully it has settled down ALOT now. We had a lovely Australia Day long weekend. We spent it at home with a heap of friends, a bbq and front yard cricket (our backyard has too many trees!)! It was a lovely day spending time with friends and having a laugh. Very Aussie. I decorated the house with tropical greenery from my back yard in vases tied in red and navy ribbons. It was a hot day and I think that the greenery helped us to feel cooler!

I don't know about you, but there is a lot of doom and gloom talk about lately. I think that it's a bit of an average way to start out a new year. When you sit and think about it we all have so many things to be thankful for, no matter how seemingly small they may be.

So my mantra for the year is this, THE WORLD IS YOUR OYSTER. I have this poster in a vintage frame on my bedroom wall. One of my favourite quotes is that of the late Walt Disney, "If you can dream it, you can do it". I am certain he lived up to those words. Every time I feel down or hear something else about the economic doom, I'm going to raise my head high say those words to myself! Take that newspapers etc!

No comments: